Saturday, March 31, 2007

[she says...]

she says
my body ain’t a sanctuary but you can
flee here if you please,
because her
body says yes and so do her eyes
and the voice in her head is silent
or calling someone else’s name.

and she says
I want somebody who won’t love me;
somebody, she says, who’s forgivable
forgettable, fragile, fake.

I want a masquerade, she says,
something false to replace the realness she doesn’t feel.
she says
I want somebody to hold me,
somebody who can fake the love
and feel the moment.

she says I want to taste the
exhales that you make,
your lips pressed somewhere on
the other side of this kiss.

she says I want to forget your name,
know the texture of your flesh
and the way your eyes move.

I want to hold you close to me,
she says,
I want you to breathe with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home